- We arrived at 10:30 pm PST on Friday and I went to bed at 8am on Saturday.
- Before going to bed, Andy ate this:
- That's bacon waffles with fried chicken.
- In Vegas, they serve bacon waffles with fried chicken for breakfast.
- I continued my streak of randomly running into good friends in random cities. Molly was up from Phoenix for Friday night only so we shared $2 burgers at midnight.
- I woke up on Saturday morning . . . errr, Saturday afternoon to Troy drinking a wine cooler.
- Apparently the dress code for men in Vegas is a douchey graphic t-shirt and sunglasses indoors. Andy and his flaming stallion t-shirt did not get that memo.
- This slot machine was calling my name:
- The Wild Wild West was described as a truck stop where men wear overalls without shirts underneath. I will agree with this description, and also tell you that this was one of my favorite places on Earth.
- Always split aces and eights. Unless you're at the Las Vegas Club and want your money to last you more than 2 hands.
- O'Shea's is the official World Series of Beer Pong location:
- Team Jandy defeated Team Proctor at beer pong.
- Before Noon.
- Betty's Diner in the Imperial Palace will not serve you ice cream at breakfast for some inexplicable reason. I still ate a lot of ice cream in Vegas. Because it's my vacation and I do what I want.
- A suspicious looking item will get your carry-on bag checked by airport security. Airport security will laugh when the discover that item is 3 decks of cards wrapped in a rubberband inside of a shoe.
- Cirque del Soleil's O was incredible, but I have no idea what the storyline was. Something about carnies, brides and clowns that fly through the air and dive into pools of water from ridiculous heights.
- Andy, Rachel and Troy had hot hands rolling the dice at Bill's Saloon and won a lot of people a lot of money at the craps table.
- When we left Bill's in the morning, there was a group of drunk middle aged men that had been up all night and would chant "Ole! Ole! Ole! Ole!" every time they won a hand of blackjack. Somehow, they were still there and still chanting when we returned 6 hours later.
- The Vegas shops have classy items for sale. Like this picture of a tiger cub holding the Earth with the sun rising behind him:
- $5 on MSU basketball will not make you a winner, but $5 on team USA hockey will.
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
What Happens In Vegas . . .
Gets posted on this blog.