Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Young whippersnappers

So, maybe sometimes you do grow up. Well, maybe not so much grow UP but more grow OUT of some things. In this case, it's tailgating with the students.

All of our tailgates have always been in the student area by the tennis courts at MSU. We've always had a blast. But something different has been happening this year. In the past few tailgates, these words have either passed through my lips or my mind:


"Gosh, that music is loud. Can't they turn it down a bit?"

"Those girls must be freezing! Put on some clothes already!"

"That guy is way too drunk and crazy."


Now, why did these thoughts never cross through my mind before? I don't know, but apparently I'm growing out of being in the student section. I still want to drink and hang out with my friends, but I'd like there to be a little less madness around me. So, I believe we will be moving our beloved tailgate to a different location next year. Which means I will have to donate money. Which means we're DEFINITELY getting older - paying bills is directly correlated with age.

I have to go watch Matlock and knit a potholder now.

No comments: