Thursday, July 7, 2011

Yogassy

I don't regularly practice yoga, but I'll often do 10 minutes or so at the end of some other form of exercise. In yesterday's case, it was after a 10 mile bike ride.

I usually find it somewhat relaxing and it's always nice to get a good stretch in.

Now, one of the things they emphasis in yoga is breathing through your nose. Something about air flow and some other BS I don't care about. But I try to be a good yoga student and breath properly.

This is easy if I'm alone.

This is not easy if I'm in the living room and Gordie likes to lie as close to me as possible at all times.



Yes, I'm too cheap for a proper mat and use a towel, but ignore my Cheapy McFrugalton ways and let's focus on the dog.

So why is having Gordie close a problem?

BECAUSE GORDIE HAS THE WORST SMELLING GAS KNOWN TO MAN.

Let me put it this way: When we first got Gordie we were unaccustomed to his digestive issues. And when he would unleash a monster on us, we'd often look around for actual dog poop. Because he must have crapped on our faces when we weren't looking because OH MY GOD THE SMELL.

And it is definitely not relaxing to take a big inhale of dog butt whilst performing yoga.

So until Satan relinquishes control of Gordie's bowels, it looks like I'll be locking myself in a room the next time I want to get a good stretch in.

No comments: