The memory of Toby's 3 ACL surgeries is still fresh as the snowfall we received in Michigan last night.
That's actually an old snowy Toby photo, but you get the idea.
His injury occurred 2 weeks before we left for Ireland. My Mama helped nurse him back to heatlh while we were away.
So, here we sit, 2 weeks before we leave for New Zealand, for the hiking trip of a lifetime.
Toby's ACL is still in tact.
Andy's ACL? Not so much.
He injured it at soccer and got the MRI results today.
Fortunately the doctor thinks he can fit Andy for a brace that will keep him stable enough for hiking. It might mean a little less than we'd planned, but we'll do what we can. It might just mean we'll hike less and visit wineries more. And more wine is never a bad thing.
So we'll delay surgery until our return.
At which point I should probably schedule a vacation and have my Mama nurse him back to health.
Whaddaya think Ma? At least you wouldn't have to fight to keep a cone on Andy's head.
So until we leave, Andy will be commiserating with the one furry guy who can best relate to his pain.