Friday, November 14, 2008

Oh son, you just got Rick Rolled.

I got a new wrinkle in my brain this weekend. I didn't learn anything that will help me in my career, save the planet or anything else that would be deemed even somewhat purposeful. Nope, instead I learned what Rick Rolling is.

Say you go to search for something on You Tube, like for instance, the funniest Family Guy clips. You click on the video, but instead of seeing Family Guy clips - SURPRISE! - you hear or watch the video for Rick Astley's awesome 80's song Never Gonna Give You Up.

First, an example of getting Rick Rolled. Don't spend too much time with this clip, the next clip is the real winner.





Now, I present you with the actual video for the song. I can't embed the video, so you're going to have to bare with me and click the link:

Rick Astley, God's gift to women

Let me provide a brief synopsis of the video. Rick sings outside by a fence and showcases his awesome dancing arms. Random blonde girl spins around. Rick sings in a secret underground cave. Rick sings inside a restuarant. Bartender thinks Rick sounds pretty groovy. Bartender can't resist the urge to dance his pants off. Random blonde guy shows off his Napoleon Dynamite-esque dance moves. Fade to black.

I'm sure the director, producer, and idea man behind this video went on to great things. With a plot line like that, you really can't go wrong.

Just so you know, my favorite part of the video happens at 2:08 when Bartender changes into hotpants and jumps off a fence. It's pretty intense.

I miss the 80's.

1 comment:

Kerri said...

I miss the 80's too. And I wonder what happened to hot-rod Rick?

Check this one out...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TiQCJXpbKg