Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Lake Crawl

Instead of visiting bar after bar for a day, we spent our 3rd day on a Lake Crawl. I'll admit, had a bar crawl been an option, we'd have probably taken it. But all we had to crawl to were gorgeous alpine lakes. POOR US. We began with sunrise at Fletcher Lake.

Photobucket

Then we trekked a bit out of our way to Booth Lake.

Photobucket

Then we went to lake whose name I can't remember, because I was so drunk at the time. Wait, I can't use that excuse because this isn't a bar crawl? Crap. I guess I'm just getting old and now I forget things from time to time then. That excuse actually makes me feel so old and pathetic that I'm going to consider being drunk for the rest of my life so I never have to use the excuse of "I'm getting old and forgetful" again. Good plan, right?

Photobucket

We stopped for lunch at Emeric Lake.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then we hiked through a valley.

Photobucket

And then along what would be a raging waterfall in the spring.

Photobucket

Finally, we arrived at Babcock Lake which would be our campsite for the evening.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then the boys climbed up and got a better view. I stayed back because I was way too wasted to even walk straight. DANG IT. Ok. I was SORE AND TIRED because I'm getting OLD and I took A GRANDMA NAP instead.

Photobucket

Photobucket

That's Eric Dennis, being a Mountain Menace.

In Yosemite, campfire are legal below 9600 ft. We have never been able to have a campfire while backcountry hiking, and since this was our first night below 9600 ft, we took the chance to have a campfire. Because, ya know, our clothes didn't smell bad enough from all the dirt, sweat, body odor, etc. we decided we'd add some campfire scent onto them too.

Photobucket

It was also around this time that Andy decided he hated not having a back on a chair when sitting. He then made it his mission to bulid himself a chair at the next campsite. You'll see how that turned out in the next entry.

After the campfire I was so drunk I totally had to go pass out for the night. Or it was after 8 o'clock PM and my inner Grandma Clock was telling me "Oh Heaven's to Bessie the day has drawn long! Time to put on my floor length floral nightgown and turn in!"

One of those two.

1 comment:

Keri said...

Those lake pictures are amazing. Wow. So pretty!