Thursday, September 22, 2011

Getting Preppy

Before we set off to the Grand Tetons, we had to tackle the worst part of hiking.

The prep.

The packing.

The boring stuff.

Andy attempted to find room in our packs for all our junk and subsequently made a mess of our spare bedroom.



Oh, and to answer your question, yes, I am available for home decorating. Orange curtains, green comforter, mirror on the floor, and classy beer on the nightstand is all the rage in home decor these days.

I made sure he brought the two most important items, a.k.a., what I slept clutching like a teddy bear during our trip.



Meanwhile, I tended to the food packing.



That's the food we carried on our backs and ate for 8 days. Lots of oatmeal, granola bars, trail mix and Mountain House dinners.

Unfortunately, when the packing was said and done, we didn't have room for these two:





You can see that Gordie at least pretended to help us pack by being in the same room.

Toby did allow me to test out our new gorillapod in that picture. As you can see, his eyes say he's somewhat concerned about the camera but his body is too lazy to move or do anything about it.

We finished our packing, hopped on the airplane the next morning and arrived in Jackson Hole eager to explore the town and the mountains. As you'll see, we may have been a little too eager actually, and forgot that we flew to an area 8,000 feet higher than the one we live in.

1 comment:

Keri said...

I first read the title of this post as "Getting a Puppy".

I cannot read well, I guess. Also, I like puppies.